Fabrics and notions you’ll need to sew a Luxe Cuddle® Hooded Infinity Scarf (Darcy Infinity Scarf tutorial)
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her Luxe Cuddle® Hooded Infinity Scarf tutorial:
- 1-yard Luxe Cuddle® OR two ½-yard cuts Luxe Cuddle®
- Luxe Cuddle® Heather Quartz (one-yard version)
- Luxe Cuddle® Glacier Viola and Sparkle Cuddle® Glitter Viola/Multi (two ½ yd. cuts version)
- Luxe Cuddle® Glacier Viola and Luxe Cuddle® Chinchilla Iris (two ½ yd. cuts version)
- 45mm rotary cutter (OLFA) OR blade (OLFA SAC-1)
- 90/14 Stretch Needle (SCHMETZ)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower Head pins (Clover)
- Hand sewing needle (optional)
- Polyester thread (Mettler® Metrosene)
- Self-healing cutting mat (OLFA)
- Stiletto and pressing tool (ByAnnie's)
Instructions for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Hooded Infinity Scarf (Darcy Infinity Scarf tutorial)
- Trace around pattern with felt tip marker then cut out. Cut two layers together if using a rotary cutter (one layer at a time if using the blade).
- Make sure to transfer markings. Teresa added two additional marks at the fold.
- Instead of the usual ½” seam allowance, this pattern calls for a ¼ seam allowance; you can straight stitch, zig zag or serge.
- Hand sew or zig zag turning gap closed, then top-stitch.
- Try mixing different fabrics together: different Luxe Cuddle® fabrics in the same color; mix Luxe Cuddle® with Cuddle® 3; or make it extra luxurious with one side made of Luxe Cuddle® Seal.