This weeks Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa Coats shares her tips on how to sew a pair of slippers using Cuddle and Luxe Cuddle fabric. These slippers are easy to complete and you can customize them to match your favorite pair of pajamas! Below you can find the link to the pattern, supply list, tips, and a step-by-step video on how to create your own pair of comfy slippers!
Get the PDF downloadable version of the pattern Here
Suggested Notions and Fabrics to Sew a Pair of Slippers
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her minky fabric slippers sewing tutorial.
- ½ yd outer fabric (Luxe Cuddle® suggested)
- ½ yd. inner fabric (Cuddle® 3 suggested)
- ½ yd. Slipper Gripper for sole
- ½ yd. cotton batting or ByAnnie's Soft And Stable® (optional)
- Sleeper Slippers pattern
- Polyester thread
- 90/14 Stretch needle
- Tracing paper/interfacing (optional)
- Flower head pins
- Small blade scissors
Tips for Sewing a Pair of Slippers
- For easiest construction, use a Cuddle® 3 or a Luxe Cuddle® such as Chenille, Weave, Brooklyn for the outer slipper.
- For the lining, use a Cuddle® 3 for the sides (the U-shapped piece).
- For the sole lining, you can do all sorts of things: use a Cuddle® 3 by itself, quilt Cuddle® 3 to Soft And Stable® or batting, use Luxe Cuddle® Sherpa or Luxe Cuddle® Llama.
- If wanted, you can add embroidery detail to the front toe of slipper prior to cutting or add a ribbon after sewing.