- 1/3 yd. Luxe Cuddle® Chenille Blush
- 1/3 yd. Luxe Cuddle® Hide Natural
- Scraps of Cuddle® 3 Baby Pink, Yellow, Sunshine, Papaya, Aqua, Topaz, Iris
- 4” square of Cuddle® 3 Cherry
- Polyester batting 20” x 40” (Quilters Dream Poly Request)
- Polyester thread (Mettler)
- 90/14 Stretch needle (SCHMETZ)
- Long, flower-head pins (Clover)
- Stiletto (ByAnnie's Stiletto & Pressing Tool)
- Basting spray (ODIF 505 Temporary Adhesive)
- Fiber fill (Fairfield World’s Poly-Fil or Royal Silk)
- Hand-sewing needle
- Walking foot
Tips for sewing a cupcake pillow
Basting the pieces to the batting will give the cupcake more body, but you can make it without batting if you prefer.
Use a wide zig zag stitch to applique the Frosting Top to the Cupcake Bottom. Teresa uses a 5mm wide and 5mm long zig zag.
Use a straight stitch to attach sprinkles, making sure to backstitch at each end.
Trim batting slightly smaller than the fabric to make point/curve matching easier.
Use Original Poly-Fil for a firmer pillow and Royal Silk Poly-Fil for a softer pillow.