Shannon Fabrics made an Infinity Scarf this week for Sew Together Tuesday's. Watch this video tutorial to make your own and check out their blog page by Clicking Here
- Luxe Cuddle® Fabric - 1 yard (makes 3 scarves)
Notions & Supplies:
- Clover Flower Head Pins
- Optional: Clover Wonder Clips
- Downloadable Infinity Scarf Sewing Pattern
- Coordinating Polyester Thread (we recommend Mettler Threads or Superior Threads)
- Size 90/14 Stretch Needle (we recommend SCHMETZ Needles)
- OLFA Art Knife (OLFA SAC-1) or OLFA Rotary Cutter
- Dritz Omnigrid Cutting Mat
- Kai Scissors
- Hand Sewing Needle
- Walking Foot (recommended)
Instructions for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Scarf (minky fabric scarf)
- Cut a strip of Luxe Cuddle® 18.5” width of fabric x 36” lengthwise from your yardage. You should be able to get 3 scarves from 1 yard of Luxe Cuddle®.
- Place your strip right side up on a flat surface.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise, right sides together. Pin well. Extend your stitch length to 3.0-3.5. Using a 3/8" seam allowance, sew along the length of the scarf, being sure to backstitch at the beginning and end. Turn right side out.
- Placing your hand on one end of the scarf, take the other end and flip it one time over, creating a twist in the middle.
- Starting at one end, begin turning your scarf wrong side out, taking care so that the twist in the middle remains.
- Continue turning the scarf wrong side out until the short ends meet. Your seams should be on opposite sides of each other.
- Pin at the seams, right sides together. Match up the rest of the edges and pin. Using a 3/8" seam allowance, sew along the ends of the scarf, leaving a 2" gap for turning. Be sure to backstitch when beginning and ending your seam.
- Gently turn right side out and hand sew the opening with an invisible or slip stitch.
- Wear with a casual outfit or add a brooch for a more classy look!