Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Bring fun home with Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty!
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Binding and Cotton Quilting with Cuddle Minky Fabric
Shannon Fabrics has created two great video tutorials on how to use cuddle minky fabric with your cotton quilts and how to sew binding with your cuddle fabrics.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
How to get to Clubb's during road construction
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Make a Scrunchie With Cuddle Minky Plush Fabric
Fabrics and notions you’ll need to make a scrunchie with Cuddle® minky plush fabric
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her scrunchie tutorial:
- Cuddle® or Luxe Cuddle® scraps (at least 3 ½” x 22”)
- ¼” elastic (9” for each scrunchie)
- Rotary cutter
- Long flower-head pins
- Polyester thread
- 90/14 Stretch needle
- Hand sewing needle (optional
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Add a zipper to Cuddle Minky Fabric
For Sew Together Tuesdays with Shannon Fabrics, Teresa will be going LIVE today at 11:00 to share her tips on how to add a zipper to Luxe Cuddle or faux fur. Watch her live video on Shannon Fabrics Facebook page by Clicking Here
Can't make it to the live video? Check back here on our website or Shannon Fabrics Blog page the day after to watch the embedded on-demand video.
Fabrics and notions you’ll need to sew a zipper in Cuddle® minky fabric and faux fur fabric
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her zipper tutorial:
- ½ yard of faux fur (sample created with Luxury Shag)
- 18” Feather-fil pillow form (Fairfield)
- Grey polyester thread
- 90/14 Stretch needle
- ByAnnie's Stiletto/Pressing Tool
- Clover pins
- Wonder Clips
- Famore scissors
- Hand sewing needles
- Acrylic ruler (6” x 12” or larger)
- Felt tip marker
- OLFA SAC-1 craft knife
- Blue painter's tape
- Wonder Tape (Dritz)
- Fusible interfacing
Instructions for installing a zipper in Cuddle® minky fabric and faux fur fabric
When putting a zipper in Cuddle® 3 or Luxe Cuddle® minky plush fabric:
- Reinforce the zipper area with a strip of fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF101).
- Use Wonder Tape (Dritz) to keep zipper in position while you sew.
- Add Wonder Clips (Clover) if needed.
When putting a zipper in Luxe Cuddle® or faux fur:
- Reinforce the zipper area with a strip of fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF101), if needed.
- Consider using raw edge rather than turning under, and zig zag in position.
- Serge edge, if desired, to flatten nap along raw edge.
- Keep edge of fabric at least 1/8” from zipper teeth for easier opening/closing.
- Some longer Luxe Cuddle® and faux furs may need to be trimmed near the zipper opening.
Monday, September 14, 2020
New Fabric Prints from Robert Kaufman in stock
Thursday, September 10, 2020
Sew a Luxe Cuddle Infinity Scarf with Shannon Fabrics!
- Luxe Cuddle® Fabric - 1 yard (makes 3 scarves)
Notions & Supplies:
- Clover Flower Head Pins
- Optional: Clover Wonder Clips
- Downloadable Infinity Scarf Sewing Pattern
- Coordinating Polyester Thread (we recommend Mettler Threads or Superior Threads)
- Size 90/14 Stretch Needle (we recommend SCHMETZ Needles)
- OLFA Art Knife (OLFA SAC-1) or OLFA Rotary Cutter
- Dritz Omnigrid Cutting Mat
- Kai Scissors
- Hand Sewing Needle
- Walking Foot (recommended)
Instructions for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Scarf (minky fabric scarf)
- Cut a strip of Luxe Cuddle® 18.5” width of fabric x 36” lengthwise from your yardage. You should be able to get 3 scarves from 1 yard of Luxe Cuddle®.
- Place your strip right side up on a flat surface.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise, right sides together. Pin well. Extend your stitch length to 3.0-3.5. Using a 3/8" seam allowance, sew along the length of the scarf, being sure to backstitch at the beginning and end. Turn right side out.
- Placing your hand on one end of the scarf, take the other end and flip it one time over, creating a twist in the middle.
- Starting at one end, begin turning your scarf wrong side out, taking care so that the twist in the middle remains.
- Continue turning the scarf wrong side out until the short ends meet. Your seams should be on opposite sides of each other.
- Pin at the seams, right sides together. Match up the rest of the edges and pin. Using a 3/8" seam allowance, sew along the ends of the scarf, leaving a 2" gap for turning. Be sure to backstitch when beginning and ending your seam.
- Gently turn right side out and hand sew the opening with an invisible or slip stitch.
- Wear with a casual outfit or add a brooch for a more classy look!
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
New Quilting Cottons in from Timeless Treasures!
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Fabulous Fashion Fall Fabrics
Are you ready for fall? Clubb's Fabric Store has a wide-ranging selection of flannels, furs, and wools to get you ready for the season! Pick out your pattern and stop in today!
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
We have a rainbow of colors in mask elastic back in stock!
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
New hoodie model at Clubb's Fabric Store
Easter Savings Sale
The Easter Savings Sale starts on March 29th and runs through April 8th.
Create amazing sea creatures and plush toys using Premier Snow Cone yarn! This soft yarn retails at $7.99 and is available in a variety of p...
This features our Benartex Mischief Flannel and pattern from Kimberly Jolly.
Chameleon is the perfect yarn for stitching in the sun! This 100% cotton, DK weight yarn changes from white to a fun color when exposed to...