A little crowded at your feeder? Try adding a smaller feeder or clusters of feeders to improve their chances of getting to the nectar. This prevents the Rufus from chasing away the others and keeps the nectar fresh by making sure all the nectar is used within 2-3 days. Use our Instant Nectar mix or concentrate or make your own (1 part sugar (sucrose only, no honey or artificial sweeteners) to 3 parts boiling water.). Clean your feeder with hot water, a clean brush, and a little white vinegar. DO NOT use detergents or soaps that will leave harmful residues. Leave uneaten nectar no more than 3 days or empty and clean if you see any residue in the feeder. Dyes are unnecessary.
Keep feeding until mid September so your birds have plenty of time to ‘drink up’ for their long trip south! Our line of feeders is unsurpassed in quality and utility and we have all models at great prices. The Diamond model pictured holds 30 ounces, does well in breezes up to 25 mph, and is easy to clean and fill.
Christine has created another beautiful model to show off the new Andover moulding line from Larson Juhl. She has ‘stacked’ two mouldings from the line for an even richer look: Andover Black on the outside with Andover Petite Gold inside for contrast and a little extra ‘bling’ to set off the first mat. Then she has added the black filet around another mat for the total look. Let us design a presentation for you!
- Cold Spell Batiks Designed by Laundry Basket Quilts from Moda $10 per yard
- Let it Glow designed by Sentimental Studios from Moda, $10.25 per yard
- Snowbird designed by Laundry Basket Quilts from Moda, $10.25 per yard
- Turning Leaves designed by Holly Taylor from Moda, $9.50 per yard
- Joyeux Noel from Studio E Fabrics, $9.55 per yard
- Reindeer Prance by Northcott Fabrics, $9.75 per yard
- Winter Song designed by Deb Strain from Moda, $9.60 per yard
- Starry Night tree or wreath by Northcott Fabrics, $9.75 per yard